Local Missions: (see Mission Service Projects in photo albums):
Missions of the Month for 2021
* January: Wayne Pregnancy Center
We will collect supplies and fill 20 diaper bags for the Wayne Pregnancy Center.
* May: Kwetu Faraja
Our goal is to raise $5,000 for Kwetu Faraja towards funding a bus to transport children to their newly accredited school. This will help the school become financially self-sufficient.
Missions of the Month for 2020
* February: Young Life
Young Life family Brian & Lindsay Handcock visited our Church to inform us of the mission of Young Life. During the month of February our congregation supported their outreach ministry to middle and high school students in Wayne County through prayers and a monetary contribution.
* March: Laundry Love and food boxes
We will support Laundry Love. We need volunteers to help people with their laundry, greeting people and handing out food boxes. There is a sign up sheet in the fellowship area. We need 4 volunteers from 5 - 6:15 and 4 volunteers from 6:15 - 7:30. We also need food donations for the food boxes. There are pull tabs in the Fellowship area. We plan to fill 40 food boxes to hand out. Thank you for helping Cornerstone show God's love to our community.
* April - November: Held off until Corona Virus declines.
Goal to raise $4,500 to help one of our family members move out of a dilapidated trailer. The good news is we raised $6,925 for the family! Praise God!
The church is going to work with the family to see the best way to help them get into a better situation where the children are safe. Thank you for being God's instruments by helping this family have a better quality of life!
- In April 2018 two of our members spent two weeks in Tanzania assisting with a crisis there.
- In September 2017 we had a fundraiser at La Paz to raise money for a shipping container to purchase and send supplies to Kwetu Faraja for their school that is being built. Much more resources are needed to complete this project.
- Eight of us from Cornerstone went on a mission trip to Kwetu Faraja Children's Home in Tanzania, Africa June 6 - 20, 2017. It was a tremendous blessing to get to know the 34 boys who live at Kwetu Faraja, and to see first hand how God is using Lori and Paul to minister to these children. The team worked very hard with the boys to clean, spackle, and paint their entire dorm, and begin to dig two retaining ponds for a tilapia farm. We also fed the pigs, watered the garden, held VBS, worshiped, enjoyed meals together, visited the village, and celebrated Children of Africa day! Our trip was a wonderful combination of doing much needed and meaningful work with building Christ-centered relationships with the kids, being an encouragement to Paul and Lori (Lori is the only American in the entire area), and delivering about 350 pounds of supplies that you all donated - along with some much needed financial assistance.
Missionary Lori Knapp, her husband Paul, children Joseph and Elizabeth visited our church October 22 - 23, 2016. We had a potluck dinner Saturday night and Lori updated us on their ministry at the dinner and at Cross Training. She delivered a powerful message of "Fearless Serving" at our Sunday worship service.
- We donated $5,000 to purchase a palm oil press to assist Kwetu Faraja to assist them in becoming self sufficient in April, 2016. However, they had to use this money for other services since they could locate a reasonably priced palm oil press.
- We continued our relationship with Kwetu Faraja and did a skype video with Lori during our worship service. We provided a $8,200 donation to purchase personal lockers for the boys and other needed items in September, 2015.
- Missionary Lori Knapp, her husband Paul, son and father Jason visited our church in November, 2015 and told about Kwetu Faraja, a ministry to street children in Mwanza, Tanzania, Africa. Our church members responded by making a donation to Kwetu Faraja and began a relationship with their ministry.
Compassion in Jesus' Name:
- Compassion International - as of May 2018 we have 10 Cornerstone Church families supporting at least 10 children in various developing countries. Each month the children receive contributions from our members. The funding goes to develop children in poverty so they will become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults. The program is Christ centered, child focused, church based, and committed to integrity.... began in May, 2014.