Local Missions: (see Mission Service Projects in photo albums):
Missions of the Month for 2020
* January: Wayne Pregnancy Center
We collected supplies and filled 20 diaper bags for The Wayne
* February: Young Life
Young Life family Brian & Lindsay Handcock visited our Church to inform us of the mission of Young Life. During the month of February our congregation supported their outreach ministry to middle and high school students in Wayne County through prayers and a monetary contribution.
* March: Laundry Love and food boxes
We will support Laundry Love. We need volunteers to help people with their laundry, greeting people and handing out food boxes. There is a sign up sheet in the fellowship area. We need 4 volunteers from 5 - 6:15 and 4 volunteers from 6:15 - 7:30. We also need food donations for the food boxes. There are pull tabs in the Fellowship area. We plan to fill 40 food boxes to hand out. Thank you for helping Cornerstone show God's love to our community.
Missions of the Month 2019
Yard sale proceeds support the July youth mission trip
We held our annual BLAST (VBS) outreach and ministry to the community
- July: Youth Mission Trip to Lake Junaluska
Prayed for the youth team.
- August: Eastern Wayne Middle School Backpacks
We collected supplies for the teachers of EWMS. We also treated the teachers and staff to a breakfast. They had a great time and were very grateful for all the supplies.
- September: Area Students and Families
Concert on the lawn outreach.. postponed until October.
- October: Community Soup Kitchen & Concert / Picnic
* Really Chili Challenge was October 26. Our church won the 1st Place prize for the best tasting chili and 1st Place for contributing the most financial support (over $2,800) for the Chili Challenge event... not bad for a small church like ours.
* Our concert / picnic was held October 18 from 5 - 7:30 PM out on the grounds. The concert was led by Taylor and Vickie Michaels along with DJ and Kaela Coles and members of our church. We had hot dogs, chips and sodas. There will be a donation jar for support "backpack buddies" for WEMS. This was a fun time for our church family.
- November: Y's Men Ministry
Raised funds and several volunteered for the Y's Men ministry of the Family Y.
Support "Giving Tree" a
ministry to those
needing help at
- In April 2018 two of our members spent two weeks in Tanzania assisting with a crisis there.
- In September 2017 we had a fundraiser at La Paz to raise money for a shipping container to purchase and send supplies to Kwetu Faraja for their school that is being built. Much more resources are needed to complete this project.
- Eight of us from Cornerstone went on a mission trip to Kwetu Faraja Children's Home in Tanzania, Africa June 6 - 20, 2017. It was a tremendous blessing to get to know the 34 boys who live at Kwetu Faraja, and to see first hand how God is using Lori and Paul to minister to these children. The team worked very hard with the boys to clean, spackle, and paint their entire dorm, and begin to dig two retaining ponds for a tilapia farm. We also fed the pigs, watered the garden, held VBS, worshiped, enjoyed meals together, visited the village, and celebrated Children of Africa day! Our trip was a wonderful combination of doing much needed and meaningful work with building Christ-centered relationships with the kids, being an encouragement to Paul and Lori (Lori is the only American in the entire area), and delivering about 350 pounds of supplies that you all donated - along with some much needed financial assistance.
Missionary Lori Knapp, her husband Paul, children Joseph and Elizabeth visited our church October 22 - 23, 2016. We had a potluck dinner Saturday night and Lori updated us on their ministry at the dinner and at Cross Training. She delivered a powerful message of "Fearless Serving" at our Sunday worship service.
- We donated $5,000 to purchase a palm oil press to assist Kwetu Faraja to assist them in becoming self sufficient in April, 2016. However, they had to use this money for other services since they could locate a reasonably priced palm oil press.
- We continued our relationship with Kwetu Faraja and did a skype video with Lori during our worship service. We provided a $8,200 donation to purchase personal lockers for the boys and other needed items in September, 2015.
- Missionary Lori Knapp, her husband Paul, son and father Jason visited our church in November, 2015 and told about Kwetu Faraja, a ministry to street children in Mwanza, Tanzania, Africa. Our church members responded by making a donation to Kwetu Faraja and began a relationship with their ministry.
Compassion in Jesus' Name:
- Compassion International - as of May 2018 we have 10 Cornerstone Church families supporting at least 10 children in various developing countries. Each month the children receive contributions from our members. The funding goes to develop children in poverty so they will become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults. The program is Christ centered, child focused, church based, and committed to integrity.... began in May, 2014.