Local Missions: (see Mission Service Projects in photo albums):
Missions of the Months for 2018
- October: Really Chili Challenge
Our MOM for October is the Really Chili Challenge
to benefit the Community Soup Kitchen on October
27th. We need your help with setting up, cooking and
serving chili, and clean up. The sign up sheets are on the fellowship
table. Please plan to participate in this meaningful and fun event!
- August: Backpack Ministry
We delivered 35 backpacks filled with school supplies and additional school supplies that can be used by the teachers! Pastor Ryan's prayer is that this will be the beginning of a sustained relationship we develop with the Meadow Lane Elementary School. In the future we may look for opportunities to tutor students or offer other ways to serve the school and to build relationships. Thank you for being the "hands and feet" of Jesus!
- June: Hearts ApartWe served a meal to the families of the deployed at SJAF Base for the Hearts Apart ministry on Tuesday, June 19th.
- May: Hire a youth continues and trip to Tanzania to restore organization to Kwetu Faraja.
* Yard Sale was held April 14th in Maplewood. All proceeds ($1,300) go to the youth mission trip.
* Hire a youth... the youth will be available for odd jobs or yardwork to earn support for their mission trip this summer. Call David Bath if you can support them.
* Praying for Lori, Paul, their children and the ministry of the boys at Kwetu Faraja. May we be a neighbor in their time of need.
- March: Working with DJ Coles in the '4 Day Movement'
* We assembled 25 food boxes that were distributed to families in need.
* Volunteers provided 3 home cooked meals and a devotion during the month of March for the Newby House.
* Renovated the ladies' bathroom at the Johnson House.
- February: Missionaries in a country that we can not list
Cornerstone supported them by praying for them and making donations to help support their work.
Missions of the Months for 2017
- January: Wayne Pregnancy Center
Pick up a provided diaper bag at Church, then fill it with "baby needs" (see list on the display table) and then support the Wayne Pregnancy Center. For questions call Bob Meyer (919) 922-9755.
- December: Y's Men
The Family Y hosted their annual Y's Men ministry. This was a great ministry that provides parents in need the opportunity to purchase Christmas presents for their children while the kids get to enjoy a meaningful Christmas program at the Y. We exceeded our goal by raising over $1,200.
- November: Shoe Box Ministry
We made 50 boxes this year.
- In April 2018 two of our members spent two weeks in Tanzania assisting with a crisis there.
- In September 2017 we had a fundraiser at La Paz to raise money for a shipping container to purchase and send supplies to Kwetu Faraja for their school that is being built. Much more resources are needed to complete this project.
- Eight of us from Cornerstone went on a mission trip to Kwetu Faraja Children's Home in Tanzania, Africa June 6 - 20, 2017. It was a tremendous blessing to get to know the 34 boys who live at Kwetu Faraja, and to see first hand how God is using Lori and Paul to minister to these children. The team worked very hard with the boys to clean, spackle, and paint their entire dorm, and begin to dig two retaining ponds for a tilapia farm. We also fed the pigs, watered the garden, held VBS, worshiped, enjoyed meals together, visited the village, and celebrated Children of Africa day! Our trip was a wonderful combination of doing much needed and meaningful work with building Christ-centered relationships with the kids, being an encouragement to Paul and Lori (Lori is the only American in the entire area), and delivering about 350 pounds of supplies that you all donated - along with some much needed financial assistance.
Missionary Lori Knapp, her husband Paul, children Joseph and Elizabeth visited our church October 22 - 23, 2016. We had a potluck dinner Saturday night and Lori updated us on their ministry at the dinner and at Cross Training. She delivered a powerful message of "Fearless Serving" at our Sunday worship service.
- We donated $5,000 to purchase a palm oil press to assist Kwetu Faraja to assist them in becoming self sufficient in April, 2016. However, they had to use this money for other services since they could locate a reasonably priced palm oil press.
- We continued our relationship with Kwetu Faraja and did a skype video with Lori during our worship service. We provided a $8,200 donation to purchase personal lockers for the boys and other needed items in September, 2015.
- Missionary Lori Knapp, her husband Paul, son and father Jason visited our church in November, 2015 and told about Kwetu Faraja, a ministry to street children in Mwanza, Tanzania, Africa. Our church members responded by making a donation to Kwetu Faraja and began a relationship with their ministry.
Compassion in Jesus' Name:
- Compassion International - as of May 2018 we have 10 Cornerstone Church families supporting at least 10 children in various developing countries. Each month the children receive contributions from our members. The funding goes to develop children in poverty so they will become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults. The program is Christ centered, child focused, church based, and committed to integrity.... began in May, 2014.