Local Missions: (see Mission Service Projects in photo albums):
Missions of the Months for 2018
Yard Sale will be held April 14th in Maplewood. All proceeds go to the youth mission trip. Items and volunteers are needed.
- March: Working with DJ Coles in the '4 Day Movement'
* We're assembling 25 food boxes that will be distributed as needed.
* Volunteers will provide a home cooked meal per week during the month of March for the boys at one of the legacy houses along with a devotion.
* Renovate the ladies' bathroom at the Johnson Legacy House.
- February: Asaph & Lynn Din
Asaph and Lynn Din are missionaries in Pakistan. Cornerstone supported them by praying for them and making donations to help support their work in Pakistan.
Missions of the Months for 2017
- January: Wayne Pregnancy Center
Pick up a provided diaper bag at Church, then fill it with "baby needs" (see list on the display table) and then support the Wayne Pregnancy Center. For questions call Bob Meyer (919) 922-9755.
- December: Y's Men
The Family Y hosted their annual Y's Men ministry. This was a great ministry that provides parents in need the opportunity to purchase Christmas presents for their children while the kids get to enjoy a meaningful Christmas program at the Y. We exceeded our goal by raising over $1,200.
- November: Shoe Box Ministry
We made 50 boxes this year.
- October: Community Soup Kitchen
We supported the Community Soup Kitchen through the Really Chili Challenge Cook-off. Our Church raised almost $3,000 for the Soup Kitchen and won the People's Choice Award for the most donations.
* Kwetu Faraja Shipping Container for school supplies
On Friday, September 8 we had a fundraiser at La Paz restaurant to raise funds to purchase a shipping container and school supplies for Kwetu Faraja who are starting their own school. La Paz donated 25% of the cost of the meals on that day of those that present our coupon.
* Walk to Emmaus fund 4 members.
- August: School Backpacks
The Church purchased 51 backpacks and children's story Bibles to donate to K-4th grade students at Spring Creek School. The items for the beginning of school supply lists for each grade level was purchased by our members to fill the bags. The backpacks filled with supplies were delivered August 22nd.
- July: Children Evangelism Fellowship (CEF)
Children Evangelism Fellowship goes to day care facilities, Boys & Girls Clubs, public schools and other events to share the Gospel with kids in memorable ways. Larry Hudson who is the regional director of CEF will speak at our worship service on July 16th. Our prayer is that we will show Larry support financially as well as in prayer.
- May: Kwetu Faraja
We collected over $1,000 in supplies to carry to Kwetu Faraja. Our second piece of luggage was completely filled with supplies for Kwetu Faraja.
- April: Hire a Youth and Yard Sale
- If you have any odd jobs that need done see Susan Horan or David Bath to match you up with the youth team. The funds they raised will support their YouthWorks mission trip to Charleston, SC. Extended into May.
- We had our annual yard sale at Maplewood on April 8. Proceeds will be used to support our summer mission trips to Charleston, SC for the youth and Tanzania, Africa for the adults.
- In September 2017 we had a fundraiser at La Paz to raise money for a shipping container to purchase and send supplies to Kwetu Faraja for their school that is being built. Much more resources are needed to complete this project.
- Eight of us from Cornerstone went on a mission trip to Kwetu Faraja Children's Home in Tanzania, Africa June 6 - 20, 2017. It was a tremendous blessing to get to know the 34 boys who live at Kwetu Faraja, and to see first hand how God is using Lori and Paul to minister to these children. The team worked very hard with the boys to clean, spackle, and paint their entire dorm, and begin to dig two retaining ponds for a tilapia farm. We also fed the pigs, watered the garden, held VBS, worshiped, enjoyed meals together, visited the village, and celebrated Children of Africa day! Our trip was a wonderful combination of doing much needed and meaningful work with building Christ-centered relationships with the kids, being an encouragement to Paul and Lori (Lori is the only American in the entire area), and delivering about 350 pounds of supplies that you all donated - along with some much needed financial assistance.
Missionary Lori Knapp, her husband Paul, children Joseph and Elizabeth visited our church October 22 - 23, 2016. We had a potluck dinner Saturday night and Lori updated us on their ministry at the dinner and at Cross Training. She delivered a powerful message of "Fearless Serving" at our Sunday worship service.
- We donated $5,000 to purchase a palm oil press to assist Kwetu Faraja to assist them in becoming self sufficient in April, 2016.
- We continued our relationship with Kwetu Faraja and did a skype video with Lori during our worship service. We provided a $8,200 donation to purchase personal lockers for the boys and other needed items in September, 2015.
- Missionary Lori Knapp, her husband Paul, son and father Jason visited our church in November, 2015 and told about Kwetu Faraja, a ministry to street children in Mwanza, Tanzania, Africa. Our church members responded by making a nice donation to Kwetu Faraja and began a relationship with their ministry.
- Compassion in Jesus' Name:
Compassion International - as of May 2015 we have 26 Cornerstone Church families supporting at least 26 children in various developing countries. Each month the children receive contributions from our members. The funding goes to develop children in poverty so they will become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults. The program is Christ centered, child focused, church based, and committed to integrity.... began in May, 2014.